If you plan to study at Face to Face Learning Center for a long period of
time and enroll in an English Program for more than 18 hours a week or more, you need an F-1 student Visa.

What is the admissions process?

  1. The Intensive English Program at Face to Face Learning Center is specifically designed for non-native like English speakers.

  2. A minimum age of 18 years (the applicant can be as young as 16 years old only with written permission given by the parents or guardian of the student).

  3. A completed International Student Application for Admission form.

  4. A $200 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee. This includes the placement test, Student Book and materials. The application will not be processed unless payment is received.

  5. A clear scanned copy of biological page of passport.

  6. English Placement Exam must be taken prior to start date.

  7. Student will receive the Student Handbook prior to orientation. The student must read and understand it. When the student attends the scheduled orientation, all questions and concerns will be addressed.

How do I transfer to Face to Face Learning from another school?

Students with F-1 visas wishing to transfer from another educational institution within the US:

  1. ALL Admission Requirements and Procedures 1-8 must be met.
  2. A copy of the I-20 from your current institution.
  3. A completed Face to Face Learning Center Transfer Eligibility form.
  4. A copy of your I-94 and F-1 Visa.

How do I get an I-20 from Face to Face Learning Center?

Face to Face Learning Center is required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to obtain verification of financial resources. Each international student must submit the following:

· If you are self-supporting, please attach a bank letter in English. This letter must show sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for the intended period of study. The required amount is $385 per week while you are studying at Face to Face Learning Center. (Example: for a 12-week study period, the bank letter should show the equivalent of $4,620 USD.)

· If your fees are to be paid by a sponsor, please have that person complete the Affidavit of Support and attach their bank letter.

· If you are travelling with dependents, fill out the Dependent F-2 Application.

Once you have been accepted, you will be informed of the total fees and tuition to be paid according to the chosen program and length of study.

You will pay tuition for the total length of study of the program you have chosen. Your I-20 will be issued for this amount of time. The length of study can be extended before the end of your program. Students who need to extend can contact the PDSO and request an extension at least 15 days before the program end date.

If your F-1 visa application is denied, the tuition payment will be refunded. There is a 4-week cancellation fee.

How do I obtain an F-1 Visa?

Before you can apply for your F-1 visa, you must be accepted by Face to Face Learning Center which is approved by the SEVP to issue I-20s to students who are seeking F-1 visas.

Once you are accepted, you will be provided with an I-20. This is the form you need in order to obtain an F-1 visa.

If you are outside of the USA, you must present the I-20 at the embassy or consular office during your F-1 visa interview.

If you are in the USA and file for a change of status, you must submit your USCIS application with the I-20. It is recommended to use an immigration lawyer for this process.

If you have an F-1 Visa and are attending a school in the USA, you may transfer to Face to Face Learning Center.